Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 12 PR

At a PR lunch I was given the best pita bread with hummus. Now you may think, why pita bread with hummus? Well it was a luncheon at an Indian food restaurant. This was unique because my firm was pitching to their chef how we can bring catering business to theirs. While speaking personally with the chef, he ended up giving me a recipe for his family's favorite pita.  That's why I'm sharing one of my favorite ethnic and somewhat-healthy hummus loving recipes, Pita Bread.


Pita bread is a great addition to almost any meal. If I'm trying to impress someone or am really feeling Mediterranean I'll go the extra mile and make a large batch. Just be aware, that you will have leftovers, not a bad thing.



The hardest part of making pita is cooking it. Using a mixer makes working the dough easy. Don't knead for more than 5-7 minutes so the gluten won't get too firm. I knead in increments of 1 or 2 minutes, or until the ingredients come together and the dough starts to firm.


If you feel you have more dough than you need, it's alright to freeze some of it. Any dough or bread frozen won't ruin the flavor or texture. Bread is one of the few things that I'm absolutely comfortable with freezing.

If a flat pita rather than puffy is wanted, I'd recommend pressing down on the dough while it cooks on the skillet. Using a towel to push down will save you from burns.



I'm happy to share this and even happier if you enjoy pita with hummus.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your blog is becoming a recipe source! I usually make naan rather than pita for my dipping needs, but I think you're probably on to something with this hummus thing. I would be interested to see a recipe for your own homemade hummus in the future! If you don't have one, I can definitely share.

    ReplyDelete