Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 9 Life

I love my turtle. I bought him after spring break and its been a learning experience ever since. I named him the oh so original name of Mr. T, short for Mr. Turtle. I believe he is a boy because his tail is a little longer. Once a certain age, if the tail is longer, it means the turtle is a male.

He is a yellow belly slider and is very aware of his surroundings. I take him out of his tank and let him walk around the room often. He seems to like the exercise. He is just a baby so I'd say he's no longer than 2 inches. I always have to wash my hands after I handle him, due to a risk of salmonella poisoning I may get from handling him.

I'm a little worried about taking him with me across the country. I think he'll be fine to be out of water all day, but just in case, I'll make sure to put him in some water in a to-go container when I stop to use the restroom. He seems like a healthy little turtle, so I'm pretty certain he'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment