Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Trip to Fahlgren Mortin

My Trip to Fahlgren Mortine

Last Thursday I traveled to Columbus to visit Fahlgren Mortine for PRSSA Match Day. I've been to only a few agencies, but this was one of my favorites.Heather Bartman was my match for the day and she was nice enough to plan the entire morning for me. 

Heather sat me down and introduced me to three "Mortinites". I learned about the way their company operates and the content they produce. I was given a tour of the amazing facility. I learned about the company's casual culture and the different ways employees had fun. 

The most interesting part of my visit was learning how Mortine integrated their advertising and public relations departments to create a client engagement division. I always thought the two similar fields should merge and I guess Mortine thought the same.

I'm so thankful for all the encouragement and advice Heather gave me. It has motivated me to pursue an industry I love rather than the industry that's easiest. Her advise to reach out through LinkedIn to find industry leaders and get to know how their field works is something every networking professional should practice. I enjoyed my visit and would recommend any public relations or advertising professional to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment